Fortnite Battle Royale v5.30 Patch Notes
Epic has just released the patch notes for v.530 featuring the new Rift-To-Go item and more. Here’s everything you need to know about today’s update:
Open Rifts on-the-go in Battle Royale and take on the new Horde Challenge in Save the World.
Rift-To-Go (Battle Royale)
Escape danger or dive into it! The Rift-To-Go is any player’s ace in the hole, creating a Rift for themselves and allies. Be careful that no enemies follow you through.
Score Royale LTM (Battle Royale)
Collect points to claim Victory Royale in this new Limited Time Mode. Whoever has the most points at the end of the match wins.
Blockbuster Contest Winner (Battle Royale)
The repairs to Risky Reels have been completed and a new movie arrives to mark the occasion! Attend the premiere of "Prepare For Collision" from creator jafnthony and enjoy this limited time cinematic.
- New Message of the Day format for both Save the World and Battle Royale modes.
- Added keyboard presets to the keyboard input tab in the settings.
- Now you can quickly select either the default keyboard controls (Standard) or the original (Old School) controls.
- Fixed a delay when trying to open the top bar menu immediately after switching to the Store tab.
- Fixed UI bug where holding down the primary button on a Widget, then moving to a new widget, would result in the current selection disappearing.
- Fixed issues with burst-fire weapon local ammo amount occasionally being displayed incorrectly when equipping or unequipping while firing.
- The shader cache now adjusts how many shader entries are processed each frame based on how long it takes to compile each shader.
- This makes the process faster when the operating system or driver has internally cached the shaders on a previous run.
- Fixed an issue causing autorun to immediately turn off after being toggled on.
- Modified the Options screen so that player inputs will not immediately cause it to close during gameplay.
- Fixed reticle hit notify image appearing when switching quickly from a melee weapon to a ranged weapon after inflicting damage.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally allowed weapons to display ammo in the magazine if all ammo was dropped while reloading.
- Fixed an issue with trying to fire while opening a door, which was causing a fire animation to play without the weapon actually firing.
- Smoke generated from the destruction of objects is now 50% more translucent than before, increasing visibility close up.